My Cards and Crafts

BLOG CANDY



Followers

Monday 15 June 2009

Box and Bracelets

I made this box and bracelets to give to someone as a RAK on ATC's for All
The box is an old tub that I had it once held some cream, I kept the tub as I thought it would be useful. I used some painted thin acryilic sheet as the top and covered it with some bonding material. The iron made the acrylic crinkle and gave it a nice texture. I used peach coloured lace around the edge and placed a peach rose and pink ribbon to give it a soft feminine look.
Inside I covered the base with some felt so the box can be used as a small trinket box. Iused some felt on the bottom of the tub as well so it will sit nicely on any surface.
The bracelets are made from beads that I had and threaded them onto some elastic, I added a catch so they can be opened if needed.
The all blue bracelet is a little different as I used two pieces of elastic and threaded beads onto each piece then used a larger bead to hold them in place over both pieces of elastic. It gives the apperance of a twist and looks effective when it is on your wrist.
I don't make jewelery as a rule but these were fun to make and something a little different for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment