My Cards and Crafts

BLOG CANDY



Followers

Thursday 19 March 2009

Altered Canvas

On Papercraft Junkies we had a forum Challenge to alter a canvas so I just had to have a go.
The person I made it for loves faces and hearts so I combined the two. I used a rich maroon paper background and used torn paper in a deep rose colour and printed the stamped face onto a some paper that I rubbed distress ink over. The little rolls top and bottom are made from rolled up paper to create interest and the hearts are brads. The flowers frame the face and are held on with the flower brads in the centre. I put ribbon around the edges of the canvas to finish it off and placed a hanging thing on the back so it can be hung up.I sealed the paper with PVA glaze and allowed that to dry them coated it with clear nail polish. I let that dry whilst I did the face and coated that with nail polish as well.
The whole thing seemed to go together well it is really enjopyable making something that can be used to hang on a wall. It is now winging its way to Israel to it new home and owner.

2 comments:

  1. That is lovely Paula, I have yet to start mine.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lovely Altered Canvas has landed and is mine now :) looks much better in real. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete