My Cards and Crafts

BLOG CANDY



Followers

Wednesday 15 April 2009

RosieDees Challenge 30

The challenge this week was the theme Blossoms.
The first thing I did was decide on a layout for the card and then the papers I was going to use.
I wanted something fresh and Spring like so chose a pastel floral paper as the main background. Then I chose a stripped paper that reflected the colours in the background and picked one of those colours for the second paper, a plain purple paper. ( try saying that quickly LOL)
Then I used the same paper as the backround for the third paper to marry the whole card together. Staggering the three papers adds interest and gives depth to the card.
The butterfly helps draw the eye to the large bloom in top left and gives the card a spring like feel to it. The purple ribbon helps frame the card and the flower whilst the Birthday Wishes set to cover all three of the staggered papers adds the finishing touch.
I liked this challenge again a simple theme that really makes you think on how to exicute it so it looks fresh and hopefully interesting.

3 comments:

  1. love the spring colours Paula, and hope your feeling a little better now
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card Paula. I love how you've used the three papers (or two lol).

    The purple ribbon is lovely too.

    Lea
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh, springlike colours you've chosen to go with our Spring theme this week Paula.

    Take care.
    x

    ReplyDelete