My Cards and Crafts

BLOG CANDY



Followers

Thursday 30 April 2009

Crafty Pad Challenge 19

This week the challenge was to make a Gatefold card using our Favourite stamp.
hard one as I have more than one favourite stamp. I went with Crafty Pad Faith in the frame.


The background paper is blue with a random pattern on it allowing it to be easily used in the gatefold design, no matching up to do.
The ribbon is lilac as it is soft and feminine, the brads make it possible to close the card. I used the Faith stamp on some blue paper, the hat and shoe is also stamped on the same paper. I chose silver and bronze stamping inks around the edges on all three images.
The bow with the flowers contrasts with the liliac flower beneath the lable. I chose the parcel to represent shopping, the text Girly Girl is the theme of the card. I wanted it to be a feminine card that was fun . Inside I simply added the sentiment Happy Birthday.
I have never made a gatefold card before so this was a real challenge and fun to do.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya

    Wonderful card and all the things a girls loves!!

    Beautiful images

    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW fantastic card, thanks for joining in teh Crafty Pad Challenge, good luck
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula - what a fabulous card - love it and love how you have used Faith in the Frame and the Hat from the Face and hat set - you clever girl. :) :) Good luck in the challenge. :) :)

    xxDebbiexx The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete